Thursday, September 4, 2014

taste of Scotland tour Melrose abby and Roselyn Chapel

 We started the day with Bradley "Playing his duck call. I could have sworn I bought a bagpipe, but it sounds exactly like a duck call

On our trip we stopped at this overlook, and heard a great story,  but I do not remember it.
So I came all the way to Scotland to see a TeePee (that is not short for Toilet Paper).

 Bradley truly beleived that he could throw a rock all the way to the lake. It was a lot farther than it looked. It was a little over half a mile.
 Awesome house we could see from the overlook.
 I saw Deborah and Gary sitting together, so I just knew I had to grab this shot.

 The group listens to Keith tell us a story about the overlook (you know the on I forgot)



We visited Roselyn Chapel today afer a quick stop and Melrose Abby. Da Vinci Code was on everyone's mind as we entered the chapel

 Keith our tour guide Really gave us a ton of imformation about the chapel, and that the Da Vinci Code was more or less artistic license.

As I was walking in I saw this. I was later to learn that it was for the black cat that lived at the chapel.




 Video and Photography was not allowed inside the chapel, but I grabbed a few non flash shots.
Beautiful stained glass windows all over the walls.
 After we left the Chapel, a group went down to the ruins of the castle. As you see below it was pretty devastated.

 You can see Ms Susan taking pictures, and Bradley took this picture of her taking a picture,



On the way back to Overtoun House we stopped to see Hamish, but he was not performing for us today at all, Luckily his soon decided we were worthy of a bit of attention.
 Hamish the bull Jr. trying to find the food. Hamish the dad bull would not get off the ground even for food.
 Bradley and I got to feed him, and that is how I remembered that cows have a sandpaper tongue.



Meet Megs Bradley TOTALLY frll in love with her while we were there.





No comments:

Post a Comment